T3 Certified Water Treatment Plant Shift Supervisor
Carlsbad, CA | Direct Hire
T3 Certified Shift Supervisor
Direct Hire, Full Time, Permanent position
Starting Pay: 62k
In addition to the general Responsibilities of the Individual employee laid out in the Job description, the designated supervisor of the shift is responsible directly to the Company management for the safe and effective operation of the plant at all times during their shift. They will ensure all plant operational tasks are performed in accordance with the operating procedures and parameters set by the company.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- To be completely knowledgeable with the modes of operation on all Plant systems
- Understanding the methodology and set points of normal plant operation in accordance with the Operation Manual
- Understand the Plant Process and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Ability to operate all plant systems in both automatic and local control
- To fully understand and control the plant parameters set by the management
- Maintain current knowledge of all major work being carried out by members of the staff or contractors during their shift which affect the operation of the plant
- Commitment to safety while performing all aspects of their duties
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of the designated operator and reporting any accidents
- Supervision of the designated Shift Operator to make sure all required duties are completed correctly, promptly and safely.
- Ensuring all operational events are recorded in the Shift Log Book
- To confirm all relevant Plant operational information is passed on during the shift handover
- To maintain an organized, clean control room and plant.
- To carry out controlled startups and shut downs of the plant
- Notify Management of any irregularities of the plant operation during shift
- Perform all operational tasks listed in annex D. (TBD)
- Monitor the performance and operation of the plant through the SCADA Interface
- Maintain plant and equipment integrity
- Keep legible records of the performance characteristics of the Plant on the forms and books provided by the company.
- Carry out regular water quality checks.
- Complete regular equipment checks during shift.
- To take immediate remedial action in the case of breakdowns or minor defects
- Perform conductivity profiles on RO stands as required
- Make every effort to identify the cause of faults
- Recording of any defects in the shift log books provided
- Ensure all pump assemblies and major plant equipment are kept clean and any defects reported immediately
- Assist in the clean-up of the RO facility and around the plant as required by the Company.
- Provide theoretical and “on-the-job” practical training for the designated operator as needed.
- Assist in any new installations and/or fabrication of modular units.
- Perform work to maintain plant integrity as directed by the Company.
- To control access to the plant and maintain Plant security
- Attend any training relating to the Plant at the discretion of the Company
- The list of duties is not exhaustive. Additions on selection may take place at the discretion of the Company.
- Must hold a current valid California T3 certification
- Have at least 2 years operational experience in a water treatment plant
- Previous RO Plant operations experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to read and understand operations manuals in English
- Experience using computer systems
- Ability to work varying shift hours, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work overtime and be on 24 hour call when needed
- Successfully pass a background and drug test
- Ability to successfully lead and motivate subordinates
- Effective communication skills both written and spoken
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Work successfully as a team member or independently
- Commitment to quality of work and company goals
- Enthusiastic to learn new systems and processes
- Willingness to lend your efforts wherever needed
- Effectively perform in stressful situations
- Complete work within assigned timeframe
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and over 51lbs with assistance
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, climb, balance, push/pull, and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to enter and exit small confined spaces
- Finger dexterity to work keyboard or operate tools, grasp tools and carry objects
- Ability so see in the normal range of vision with or without correction sufficient to read computer screens, documents, dials, gauges, meter-reading equipment, and operate motor vehicles and equipment
- Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
Industrial environment working both indoors and outdoors continuously around:
- Loud noise
- Salt and fresh water
- Uneven, rough or slippery surfaces
- Hazardous chemicals in solid, liquid, and vapor form
- Toxic materials
- High and low voltage electricity
- Equipment under high pressure
- Heavy equipment
- Heights above 5 Feet