>>>>>>>>>>>> HAVE a T1 Certification from the State of California to apply <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Shift Operator (T1 Certified Water Treatment Operator)
Direct Hire (not a contract)
Position Responsibilities :
- In addition to the general Responsibilities of the Employee, the shift operator is responsible directly to the Shift Supervisor for the safe and effective operation of the plant at all times during their shift. They will ensure that all plant operational tasks are performed in accordance with the operating parameters set by the company.
- To be fully familiar with the normal modes of operation of the plant
- Ability to understand and carry out the duties described below
- To be fully aware of the parameters set in accordance with the operation manual and by management
- To ensure a complete and correct handover of the plant is given and fully understood by their counterpart on the outgoing shift.
- Knowledgeable on normal and abnormal system line ups and emergency isolations
- Maintain current knowledge of all major work being carried out by members of the staff or contractors during their shift which affects the integrity of the Plant or interferes with the operation of the plant
- Ensuring Commitment to safety while performing all aspects of their duties
- Monitor the performance and operation of the plant through the SCADA Interface
- Perform all normal control operations through the SCADA interface as directed by the designated supervisor or Company management
- Operation of all plant systems in both automatic and local control under supervision from designated supervisor
- Monitor and observe trends of the plant and equipment operation and report any abnormalities to their superiors
- Assist in carrying out controlled start ups and shut downs of the plant under direction from the shift supervisor or member of management
- Perform all operational tasks to ensure Plant integrity and reliability listed in annex B.
- To execute instructions given by the Shift supervisor
- Maintain plant and equipment integrity
- To be vigilant and alert at all times during their shift
- Notify the Shift Supervisor of any irregularities of the plant operation during shift.
- Maintain records of the performance characteristics of the plant on the forms and books provided by the company.
- Perform regular water quality checks.
- Complete 2 hourly equipment checks throughout the plant during the shift as per the log sheets.
- Perform conductivity profiles on RO stands as required by operational circumstances or at the request of their superiors
- Record any defects they find during the course of their duties and record in the defect book provided
- Maintain an organized, clean control room and plant.
- Assist in the clean-up of the RO facility and around the plant.
- Assist in any new installations and/or fabrication of modular units.
- To work as an integral part of the maintenance staff and carry out works defined by the Maintenance foreman in the normal course of his shift roster or as instructed by the management
- To carry out any works relating to Plant integrity as directed by management.
- Attend any training relating to the Plant at the discretion of the management
- The list of duties is not exhaustive. Additions duties may be requited at the discretion of the Management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- T1 water treatment plant certification
- Ability to communicate in both written and spoken English
- Ability to read and understand operations manuals in English
- Ability to work varying shift hours, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work overtime and be on 24 hour call when needed
- Experience using computer systems
- Experience with mechanical and/or electrical systems
- Previous experience with water treatment preferred
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Successfully pass a background and drug test
Good analytical and problem solving skills
Work successfully as a team member or independently
Commitment to quality of work and company goals
Enthusiastic to learn new systems and processes
Willingness to lend your efforts wherever needed
Effectively perform in stressful situations
Complete work within assigned timeframe
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and over 51lbs with assistance
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, climb, balance, push/pull, and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to enter and exit small confined spaces
- Finger dexterity to work keyboard or operate tools, grasp tools and carry objects
- Ability so see in the normal range of vision with or without correction sufficient to read computer screens, documents, dials, gauges, meter-reading equipment, and operate motor vehicles and equipment
- Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
Industrial environment working both indoors and outdoors continuously exposed to:
- Loud noise
- Salt and fresh water
- Uneven, rough or slippery surfaces
- Hazardous chemicals in solid, liquid, and vapor form
- Toxic materials
- High and low voltage electricity
- Equipment under high pressure
- Heavy equipment
- Heights above 5 Feet