Palmdale, CA | Direct Hire
JOB SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Director/Manager, renders professional nursing care in accordance with physician's treatment plans and standards of evidence based practice/care. In doing so, assesses patient's condition, plans patient care, administers prescribed drugs, provides treatments, provides appropriate patient education, and evaluates patient's progress, records pertinent observations and report responses to drugs and treatments. Assists with examinations and prepares instruments and equipment. Advocates for patient in order to achieve the best possible outcome.
MUST LIVE LOCALLY!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consistently supports and maintains the Mission, Core Values and expected customer service
2. Follows the guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends and developments in his/her related scope of practice by reading books, journals and other literature and attending related seminars, conferences and the like.
5. Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
6. Uses nursing process to provide all levels of patient care:
(a) Assesses patient's condition based upon observation, examination, and/or interview, physician's diagnosis, laboratory findings, age-related issues and other pertinent information. Completes assessment in specified time frame. Identifies and consistently recognizes changes in normal and abnormal parameters in the patient's physiological, psychological, cultural, developmental and spiritual needs.
(b) Implements nursing interventions to achieve progress toward expected patient outcomes or to stabilize a patient's condition and/or prevent complications.
(c) Evaluates and documents patients' response to nursing care and modifies or revises treatment plans, and/or contacts physicians as circumstances require. Documentation reflects evaluation of patient response to nursing actions. Participates in interdisciplinary patient care planning in order to plan and evaluate patient care.
(d) Provides and documents patient (family) education based on diagnosis, treatment plan or prescribed medical regimen in accordance with patient (family) readiness and ability to learn.
7. Uses professional judgment and critical thinking to prepare, prioritize and execute the patient's plan of care consistent with patient assessment data and physician's treatment plans and professional standards of evidence based practice/care. Incorporates the patient's physiological, psychological, cultural, developmental and spiritual needs into the plan of care. Consistently follows patient care and facility guidelines and procedures in performance of one's duties.
8. Directs and delegates support personnel in implementing patient's plan of care, provides supervision and guidance, and demonstrates methods, as necessary, to correct deviation from established standards.
9. Renders professional nursing care including administering medications, starting intravenous fluids and blood products. Performs both complex and routine treatments as prescribed by physicians or as warranted by patient's condition. Is able to perform all technical skills required for unit patient population such as, but not limited to IV venipuncture, restraint application, sterile dressings, etc. Promotes good stewardship of hospital resources while ensuring quality patient care. Collaborates with hospital
10. Departments in order to resolve operational problems.
11. Implements measures to prevent exposure to infectious pathogens and communicable conditions
Skills / Requirements
Education & Training
Please send resume to Lauren@Lawtongrp.com